JonnyGo Figure – “ReBound!” ft. 88-Keys
Here’s a song I produced for one of a few unsigned artists (on the come up) whom I’ve worked with in the past few months. His name is JonnyGo Figure. I actually met him & his manager (Ray Klein of Heat Roc) at a show I did at a spot downtown NY. JonnyGo was one of the opening acts. I arrived at the show a little early so I could down a few Shirley Temples & check out some of the opening acts. The set up at the small lounge was a bit weird. For example, my DJ (DJ Drastic) was not only set up in the upper level (AWAY FROM THE STAGE) from where I was performing, but he also had to DJ my set with his back turned to me. But we didn’t panic; we just used our mental telepathy to communicate with each other. It was NOTHIN’!
Also, needless to say, JonnyGo Figure kind of stuck out for the mere fact that he was wearing a Native American head dress… Yet the boy’s straight from Guyana. Eh… “‘Go Figure”.
I purposely meant to bust his chops here on MY blog as he seems to take jabs at me being “an old man”. Anyway, he’s dope because he has a different approach to hip hop. Make sure you all express your like for this song by way of supporting it so he (or we) could give you all more.
I both produced & did a verse on this song. Here’s a little teaser. To get the rest, click “BUY” on my player.
Hopefully you’ll all see a video for this sometime in the near future (preferably directed by my guys Computer Beach Party. Now that WOULD be dope!
- JonnyGo Figure… Even though you’ve witness the magical world of Team iPhone, you’re STILL going to big up your wackberry?Eh… ‘Go Figure!
- To Ray Klein of Heat Roc for going above & beyond for his artist & making this work.
- To my team: Irko (The Audio Nutritionist) for the superb mix.
- Tats for the superb mastering.
- Yoram Benz for the dope art work. By the way, thanks for hookin me up with the cover art work for Beats No More 2 (in less than 24 hours). Ahhh… My team!
Post Script: No Jonny… I told you I wasn’t going to use my “distorted voice effect” on any future records after “Wake Up Call“. No WAY!!! :p